Friday 26 August 2011

Continuing to be shallow...

Happy day!  There are two giant malls near the office so I thought I'd have a poke around the biggest of the two.      One of the anchor stores is called Shoppers Stop.  It's like an Indian version of the Bay.  It's pretty great.  I love browsing through the more traditional Indian clothing.  It's so pretty--very colourful and little bit sparkly.

As I walked by a Clinique counter, I double checked the price of my skin cream as I have noticed that some cosmetics are cheaper.  Not everything though.  I almost fell on my ass when she told me what I pay 28 bucks for in the states was the equivalent to 45 dollars here.  Yikes!

The store also has a wonderful jewelry section.  What has made me so happy is a pair of earrings I found there.  One of my all my all time favourite pairs of earring are (were) just small, dangley ones with three graduated pearls.  Really, nothing that special at all, but they are somehow perfect.  I'd picked them up on a trip somewhere and a few years ago I lost one.  I kept the one, thinking that I'll take a course at the bead shop in my neighbourhood and make myself a new pair (yeah, right) and have mourned the missing one each time I see its mate in my jewelry box.  I always slow down at displays of pearls, just in case.

Then, today, the heavens opened and the angels sang.  There they were.  Perfect, in fact better, as the old ones were silver and these are 14K gold.  Right now, me and the good hair have them on.  I'm so very pleased. :)

And now, bedtime.  Tomorrow will be one last lunch at the Taj hotel and a wander around my favourite neighbourhood. On the way home again in a week's time.



1 comment:

  1. Sylvia - Your last few posts are too funny! So true that the littlest things can make the biggest difference! Hope you have a great last week there.

    ReplyDelete