Thursday 9 February 2012

It's cold!!

When I was packing to come here, I pulled out my summery clothes and sandals.  At the last moment, I tossed in a few sweaters and I haven't taken them off since I got here.

When I leave in the morning, it is cool and when I leave the office at night, it's cooler.  The office has the air conditioning cranked like it is 35C outside and I spend my days shivering and spending my free time lounging in a sunny corner absorbing the heat like a lizard in the desert.

Yesterday was particularly chilly.  This sounds silly to almost all of you, but but it was only around 15 degrees during the day and there was nasty wind.  Definitely not short-sleeves and sandals.  I was so chilled when I got home that I crawled under the covers (with the McNuggets) and turned off the air conditioning.  Apparently this weather is expected to continue for a while, when it normally starts to warm up this time of year.

I thought one of the benefits of being here would be warm weather?  I'm sitting here (and yes, under the duvet) typing this with cold fingers.

http://truthdive.com/2012/02/09/mumbai-city-shivers-on-coldest-feb-day-in-four-years.html

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sylvia: Carol and mom told me that your blog was hilarious so I checked it out. Don't you wish you were home? It is going to be -27 degrees here and cold it is. From your family across the world, take care of yourself and lookout for those steps. We will keep reading as long as you keep writing. So long for now. Lisa and family

    ReplyDelete