Saturday 25 February 2012

It's already my last Saturday here...

I don't know where the month has gone.  It's my last weekend here.  It's been so busy, I haven't even had time to feel homesick.  I did a little bit of pre-packing organization.  I have a tendency to spread out in a hotel room, even if it's just for a night or two, so after a month here, I have officially moved in.  Aside from the little bits and pieces that I've purchased, things just take up more space on the way home.  I brought along my trusty, folding duffle bag and I am very glad I had that little bit of foresight

Since I haven't had much of a chance to do more than sit on my butt all week, I took a long walk.  I have noticed a market that pops up on Saturdays about a mile or so away, so I thought I would walk over and look around and take some pictures.  I got lost though and it wasn't on the corner I thought it should be.  So I walked to another corner, not there either.  Oh well, maybe it just wasn't there, but it's more likely I was a block or so away and just couldn't find it.

It was a great stroll, regardless.  It is sunny out, but it wasn't too hot; maybe around 27C (about 80F for my American friends) and early enough not to be busy.  I had lunch at my favourite outdoor veg restaurant and just a had a very pleasant time.

One thing truly stood out.  It was the billboards for a wedding that's happening in the neighbourhood.  Yes, that's right, full size billboards announcing the big day.  I walked by the huge outdoor venue where it was being set up.  Of course, being India, this elaborate wedding is beside some shacks with a small smudge fire going that are beside a stinky canal.  Just the perfect collide of all the worlds.  I wish Mahesh and Manisha all the best.  I wonder if I could do the same for my birthday? :)








No comments:

Post a Comment