Saturday 11 February 2012

Fruit

One of the big problems for me when I'm traveling is getting access to decent fruit.  I don't know what is is, but it's just something I crave.  When I mentioned it to one of my colleagues here that I'd gone to my local grocery store and the fruit was awful, he told me that's not the way to do it.  Instead, he asked his mom to place an order with their fruit guy.  Yum and yum.  I now have a nice stockpile of apples, pears and the tasty, tiny bananas that one finds here.

While I type this, I'm eating my other treat, black grapes.  They are DELICIOUS.  Long and slender and a very deep, dark purple, they have and really sweet flavour.  I am truly addicted.  I love grapes and these are the best I've ever eaten.


1 comment:

  1. Yummy. Fruit is so important. Miss you. It is snowing today, so I bought pink flowers. I wish for fresh mango from Kenya. Winter.

    I got posted on PBS today. This is fruit and India relevant because of the Cost of Chicken Deployment.


    http://www.pbs.org/idealab/2012/02/ushahidis-disruptive-deployers-the-people-behind-the-stories044.html

    Hugs and keep writing

    Heather L

    ReplyDelete