Thursday 8 September 2011

Stuck in another airport!

I'm heading to Washington DC for the weekend.  Partially work, but a big piece of it is personal as I'll be catching up with a good friend I haven't seen in quite a while.  It will be good to see what she's been up to.

What's irritating is that I had to rush to get to the airport to make my flight.  Unfortunately, because of the bad weather on the eastern seaboard, the plane has been delayed for at least two hours--so far.  It's always hard to take when it's perfect, sunny weather here.  The weather is causing personnel problems here, too.  Our crew had to get pulled as, with the delay, they would have exceeded their allotted hours and so we need a new one.  But the bright side is that, as I type this, we just had announcement that the new crew is enroute and that the weather is holding out.  We should be on our way around 7.  I love bright sides.

I'm on my own tomorrow afternoon and the camera battery is charged.  I had the most delightful customs official  who was super chatty (I like to think he just found me charming) and told me about how the Washington Monument was apparently chipped during the earthquake a week or two ago.  Who knew?  It did not make news in India.

I have a very lofty goal of going to the National Gallery tomorrow afternoon since it's just going to be raining, but I'm feeling the lure of the Spy Museum as well.  I might do both, depending on how much time I have.  The Spy Museum is really cool and the last time I had some free time in DC, I didn't have a chance to see it.  It has to do, of course with everything to do with spying and espionage.  They have a couple of very neat special events coming up--one is to dine with a couple who are ex-CIA agents.  That sounds neat, but really, it's not like they are going to slip and give away a national secret.  The other event is called Surveillance 101 and is about teaching you to observe.  That would be fun.  OK-it looks like the decision is made.  I'm not exactly rambling on about the National Gallery.   I hope I can take pictures.




No comments:

Post a Comment